Home Health RN Case Manager in Shawnee, OK
Primary functions are to administer skilled nursing care to an assigned group of patients in their place of residence and to assume the responsibility for their coordination of care.
– Graduate of an accredited Diploma, Associate or Baccalaureate School of Nursing
– Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Oklahoma and/or Texas
– Two (2) years experience as a Registered Nurse in a clinical care setting
– One (1) year in home health
– Nursing skills defined as generally accepted standards of practice.
– Strong interpersonal skills.
– Proof of Hepatitis consent/declination.
– Experience with wound care, catheter care, ostomy care and injections preferred.
– Reliable transportation.
– Valid and current auto liability insurance.
Work in patient’s place of residence under various conditions; possible exposure to blood and bodily fluids and infectious diseases; ability to work flexible schedule; ability to travel locally; some exposure to unpleasant weather; available for on call.
JOB SPECIFIC EFFORTS REQUIRED:
– Periodic times of prolonged standing, sitting and walking
– Working under conditions necessary to meet patient’s needs and Program timeframes
– Timely decision making and resource acquisition
– Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include but are not limited to:
– Conduct the admission of the patients to the Agency and ensures the patient meets all home bound requirements.
– Implement the individualized Plan of Care and provides skilled nursing as outlined. Recommends revisions to the plan as necessary.
– Supervision of clinical staff, nurses and home health aides providing care to his/her patients.
– Consulting with and educating the patient and family regarding disease processes, self-care techniques, nutrition and dietary needs. Providing training to other staff as needed.
– Attend Case Conference and preparing clinical/progress notes that demonstrate progress toward established goals.
– Informing physicians and other personnel of changes in the patient’s needs and outcomes of the intervention, while evaluating patient and family response to care.
– Assessing ability of the caregiver to meet the patient’s immediate needs upon admission and throughout care.
– Applying criteria for admission/re-certification to home health care to establish appropriate levels of care and the patient’s eligibility. Apply criteria for discharge of patient as appropriate.
– Perform on-call responsibilities and provide on-call service to patients and families as needed.
Apply for this position
Please fill out as much as possible for your application to be fast-tracked to the hiring manager. Thank you for taking the time to apply to be a part of our team.