Hospice LPN in Ada, OK
The primary function is to provide nursing care, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, for patients of all ages in their place of residence, coordinate care with the interdisciplinary group, patient/family, and referring agency.
– Graduate of an accredited Diploma, Associate or Baccalaureate School of Nursing
– Current nursing license in the State of Oklahoma
– Two (2) years experience as a Nurse in a clinical care setting
– One (1) year in hospice
– Nursing skills defined as generally accepted standards of practice
– Strong interpersonal skills
– Proof of Hepatitis consent/declination
– Experience with wound care, catheter care, ostomy care, and injections preferred
– Reliable transportation
– Valid and current auto liability insurance
Work in patient’s place of residence under various conditions; possible exposure to blood and bodily fluids and infectious diseases; ability to work a flexible schedule; ability to travel locally; some exposure to unpleasant weather; available for on-call.
JOB SPECIFIC EFFORTS REQUIRED:
– Periodic times of prolonged standing, sitting, and walking
– Working under conditions necessary to meet patient’s needs and Program timeframes
– Timely decision making and resource acquisition
– Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include but are not limited to:
– Under the direction of the RN, assist in identifying the patient’s physical, psychosocial, and environmental needs as evidenced by documentation, clinical record, and evaluations
– Participate in planning and implementing care in conjunction with the RN.
– Applies concepts of infection control and standard precautions in coordinating/performing patient care activities to prevent contamination and transmission of disease
– Assure the continuity of care through delivery of quality patient care
– Provide effective communication to patient/family, team members, and other health care professionalsas evidenced by clinical notes, case conferences, communication notes, and evaluations
– Monitor assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements of payor
– Demonstrate commitment, professional growth and competency
– Promote Agency philosophy and administrative policies to ensure quality of care
Apply for this position
Please fill out as much as possible for your application to be fast-tracked to the hiring manager. Thank you for taking the time to apply to be a part of our team.