Hospice RN Case Manager in Shawnee, OK
Primary functions are to administer skilled nursing care for clients of all ages in their place of residence, assumes the responsibility for coordination of care and coordinates care with the interdisciplinary team, patient and family as well as the referring agency.
– Graduate of an accredited Diploma, Associate or Baccalaureate School of Nursing
– Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Oklahoma and/or Texas
– Two (2) years experience as a Registered Nurse in a clinical care setting
– One (1) year in hospice
– Nursing skills defined as generally accepted standards of practice.
– Strong interpersonal skills.
– Proof of Hepatitis consent/declination.
– Specialized skills preferred in palliative and/or end-of-life care.
– Reliable transportation.
– Valid and current auto liability insurance.
– Work in patient’s place of residence under various conditions
– Possible exposure to blood and bodily fluids and infectious diseases
– Ability to work a flexible schedule
– Ability to travel locally
– Some exposure to unpleasant weather
– Available for on-call
JOB SPECIFIC EFFORTS REQUIRED:
– Periodic times of prolonged standing, sitting and walking
– Working under conditions necessary to meet patient’s needs and Program timeframes
– Timely decision making and resource acquisition
– Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity
– Assisting patients and families with individualized psychosocial needs
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include but are not limited to:
– Evaluation, initial, and ongoing comprehensive assessments of the impact of the terminal disease on the patient’s physical, functional, psychosocial, and environmental needs including ADLs, i.e., assess the risk for grief, cultural and spiritual needs both verbal and non-verbal.
– Implement the individualized Plan of Care and recommend revisions to the plan as necessary.
– Consulting with and educating the patient and family regarding disease processes, self-care techniques, end-of-life care, nutrition and dietary needs. Providing training to other staff as needed.
– Initiating appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
– Preparing clinical and progress notes that demonstrate progress toward established goals.
– Coordinating all patient and family services and prioritization of these needs with the Agency’s Interdisciplinary Team.
– Informing physician and other personnel of changes in the patient’s needs and outcomes of intervention, while evaluating patient and family response to care.
– Determining scope and frequency of services needed, based on acuity and patient and family needs.
– Assessing ability of the caregiver to meet the patient’s immediate needs upon admission and throughout care.
– Applying criteria for admission and re-certification to hospice care to establish appropriate levels of care and the patient’s eligibility.
– Perform on-call responsibilities and provide on-call service to patients and families as assigned.
Apply for this position
Please fill out as much as possible for your application to be fast-tracked to the hiring manager. Thank you for taking the time to apply to be a part of our team.